CLIA Testing Scientist
Contamination Source Identification (CSI) is a rapidly growing scientific startup company and CLIA-compliant clinical laboratory headquartered in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. CSI offers its employees a unique opportunity in joining an innovative startup that combines next-generation sequencing technology and modern data analysis strategies to redefine the way we approach diagnostics in the clinical world.
The Position: We’re looking for a CLIA Testing Scientist to lead and execute CSI’s CLIA-compliant diagnostic testing protocols designed for the detection of critical pathogens, including: SARS-CoV-2, tick-borne pathogens, as well as additional test methodologies currently in development. You will work as a member of our passionate lab team in a fast-paced and motivated company focused on changing the way we identify infectious pathogens through the use of cutting-edge technologies and novel detection strategies.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or the biological, chemical, or physical sciences (Master’s degree preferred).
- Strong ability and experience with the following lab techniques and protocols:
- Nucleic Acid Extraction
- Next Generation Sequencing (Illumina platform)
- Familiarity with bioinformatic analysis of microbial genomic datasets is a plus.
- 1+ year(s) experience working within a clinical lab preferred.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and execute deadlines.
- Capable of collaborating and communicating within a passionate team
- Proficient in managing complex projects and diverse priorities in a scientific startup atmosphere.
- Must hold self to high standard of integrity and ethics when processing clinical samples in CSI’s CLIA-compliant lab space.
- Critically review and comprehend all testing protocols for CSI’s COVID-19 and Lyme Disease assays.
- Execute clinical assays for both rt-qPCR and NGS based detection strategies.
- Contribute to ongoing R&D validation studies to establish novel testing strategies for additional disease states.
- Execute standardized protocols (SOPs) and troubleshoot failed experiments where applicable.
- Maintain composure in fast-paced startup environment.
The Location: Contamination Source Identification is based in Huntingdon, PA blocks away from the Juniata College campus, 30 miles outside of downtown State College. CSI’s headquarters is stationed in the JCEL Business Incubator just outside of downtown Huntingdon. This charming, affordable, and developing town sits on the Amtrak line which has a direct railway to New York City, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV to learn more about the position.